Monday, November 3, 2008

What will it be? Hmm?

The last month has been a whirlwind to say the least. One thing I have discovered is that I’m just no good at writing blogs but bugger it… I’ll have a go.

I’ve finally stopped, if only for a short time to be at home for the birth of our second child who is due any day now. So magic times lie ahead for us here at the Corbett’s. Lots of drop ins and Coo Chee Coo’s. The stocks of non-gender specific items are building up… hmm what will it be???

I want to thank everybody who came along to the Newcastle, Central Coast, Sydney and Melbourne launches of my new album Storyboard. They were a great thrill and success. The memories I have will last forever.

I’ve shared the stage with many fine muso’s over this time and I’d like to list them for you. You must check these people out: Sue Carson, Mikey Stove, Dave Carter, Darren Brollo, Sarah Humphreys, Sam Buckingham, John Meyer, Fergusson, Jehan, Cotton Sidewalk, Kim Dewar, Morgan Evans, Vaudeville, Rosie Burgess and Rachel Brady.

The shows were received amazingly and I can’t wait to get back out there in a fortnight and do it all again, this time at Bar Me in Sydney on the 16th of November. The last one was probably my best show to date, so we will be pulling out all stops for the 16th. Also, we may just have a little bundle to celebrate about. … Hmm what will it be??? Boy or Girl??

I am also honoured to have received four top five nominations in the 2008 ABC Music Awards this Thursday. Two of my most loved and respected artists, Jason Lowe and Sarah Humphreys are sharing some of these nomination lists with me. I don’t see it as a competition; I see it as a win-win and an honour just to be on the same list as them. Jason will be playing on the night as well, can’t wait for that one. Good luck everyone!!

A lot of my southern tour has been booked in for December. I have six dates in Adelaide and Melbourne already booked and I hope to be able to get down to Tassie as well. Fingers crossed.

My northern expedition up the coast and into QLD will start early next year and it is my hope to get over to WA in the following months. Everybody says that I must get over there. Sounds intriguing.

Blog again soon. Until then...What will it be??? Hmmm.

No comments: